[mpich-discuss] Troubles Building MPICH on MinGW-w64 (GCC 4.8.0)

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 17 13:44:32 CDT 2013

On 06/17/2013 01:29 PM, Haroogan wrote:
>> Unfortunately we don't support Windows installations anymore.
> Oh my god, that's so sad. What are the reasons to drop the whole
> platform like that? I mean MinGW-w64 is very mature toolchain, gaining
> momentum pretty fast. Are there any other reasons besides the toolchain?

We don't have much windows expertise in the group to support it.  But
UNIX emulations like MinGW might be OK (though they are not regularly
tested).

FWIW, the error seems to be this:

/d/Distributions/mpich-3.0.4/src/include/mpibsend.h: No such file or
directory

Did you get the entire tarball correctly?

  -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji