[mpich-discuss] run hello world on multiple server

Antonio J. Peña apenya at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 21 10:58:26 CDT 2013

Hi Sufeng,

Can you ping/ssh exactly this name "iocfccd1.aps.anl.gov" from iocfccd3?
[1]

Antonio

On Friday, June 21, 2013 10:51:50 AM Sufeng Niu wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to bother you guys on this stupid question. last time I re-install OS for
all blades to keep them the same version. after I mount, set keyless ssh,
the terimnal gives the error below:

proxy:0:1 at iocfccd3.aps.anl.gov[2]] HYDU_sock_connect
(./utils/sock/sock.c:174): unable to connect from "iocfccd3.aps.anl.gov[3]"
to "iocfccd1.aps.anl.gov[1]" (No route to host)
[proxy:0:1 at iocfccd3.aps.anl.gov[2]] main (./pm/pmiserv/pmip.c:189):
unable to connect to server iocfccd1.aps.anl.gov[1] at port 38242 (check
for firewalls!)

I can ssh from iocfccd1 to iocfccd3 without password. Should I shut down
all firewalls on each server? I cannot find out where is the problem. Thank
you

-- Best Regards,
Sufeng Niu
ECASP lab, ECE department, Illinois Institute of Technology
Tel: 312-731-7219[4]

--------
[1] http://iocfccd1.aps.anl.gov
[2] mailto:proxy%3A0%3A1 at iocfccd3.aps.anl.gov