[mpich-discuss] Error with MPI_Spawn

Nitel Muhtaroglu muhtaroglu.n at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 16:58:59 CDT 2013

Hello,

I am trying to integrate PETSc library to a serial program. The idea is
that the serial program creates a linear equation system and then calls
PETSc solver by MPI_Spawn and then solves this system in parallel. But
when I execute MPI_Spawn the following error message occurs and the
solver is not called. I couldn't find a solution to this error. Does
anyone have an idea about it?

Kind Regards,
--
Nitel

Assertion failed in file socksm.c at line 590: hdr.pkt_type ==
MPIDI_NEM_TCP_SOCKSM_PKT_ID_INFO || hdr.pkt_type ==
MPIDI_NEM_TCP_SOCKSM_PKT_TMPVC_INFO
internal ABORT - process 0
INTERNAL ERROR: Invalid error class (66) encountered while returning from
MPI_Init.  Please file a bug report.
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report.,
error stack:
(unknown)(): connection failure
[cli_0]: aborting job: