[mpich-discuss] installing mpich-1.2.6 to create libmpich.so.1.0

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 25 15:12:20 CDT 2013

Any compiler is fine.  But use the latest version of mpich.  You don't
need all the configure flags that Jeff sent.  In fact, I'd recommend
that you not use them.  For example, --enable-g is only for developers.

My recommendation is just this:

./configure --prefix=<where_to_install> CC=pgcc CXX=pgCC F77=pgf77 FC=pgfc

  -- Pavan

Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji