[mpich-discuss] mpi assertion error

Danilo apeironoriepa at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 08:17:52 CDT 2013

Good afternoon,

I wrote a little application in C to compute 2D fft. This app was firstly executed on a cluster on which it was installed 2007 mpi version (don't remember the package name) and then adapted for a different cluster with mpi 1.4.1 (had to change the scatter/gather because in the previous version I could use the same buffer for both sendbuff and recvbuff). By the way, when executing with 2 processes it works fine. When trying with 4/8/16/32 and so on it gives firstly an assertion error as shown in the file attached, and starting from the second time you try to run it on more than 2 procs it gives error code 139. The error I'm talking about appears just when you run it with "realDim=16384" (it means that you have 16384 rows and 16384x2 columns since it is designed for real/imaginary numbers). I know the code is working since it was all ok on the previous cluster (even with 4-8-16-32 procs) and I can't find out which is the problem now.. Can you help?

As said attached you can find my application as well as the errors appearing and mpi info..

Regards,
Danilo