[mpich-discuss] Hydra fills in the MPIR_proctable[] incorrectly with multiple processes per node

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 14 16:14:49 CDT 2013

Hi John,

On 03/12/2013 11:32 AM US Central Time, John DelSignore wrote:
> If possible, it would be good is MPICH could be changed to share the
> host and executable name character strings across multiple process
> descriptor entries.

This is a maintenance hassle with respect to chasing dangling pointers
in the future.  Also, I'm not sure how much space this saves.

We are working with the MPI Forum on a more scalable interface where
this information is distributed across various processes.  That might be
a better model here.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji