[mpich-discuss] where is two-phase I/O implemented

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Wed May 1 04:41:52 CDT 2013

Alright :-)

Thanks for your answers. If I understand correctly, for instance when performing a strided read, ADIOI_GEN_ReadStridedColl is called, optimizes the access and then call ADIOI_BGL_ReadContig itself (possibly several times)?

Btw how does Mpich knows which ADIO backend to use, in general? (and more specifically how does ADIOI_GEN_ReadStridedColl knows that it has to use ADIOI_BGL_ReadContig?) Does it have something to do with the fact that for instance with PVFS2 when the kernel module is not used, the filename should be prefixed by pvfs2:// ? If I want to develop a new ADIO backend, how can I make it such that filenames prefixed with myfilesystem:// will use this backend? (Maybe there's a documentation for that somewhere?)

Thanks,

Matthieu