[mpich-discuss] mpich-3.0.4: building shared libraries w/cygwin

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Fri May 10 19:38:52 CDT 2013

On 05/10/2013 07:34 PM US Central Time, Brad Aagaard wrote:
> As shown in the config.log that I attached in my original email, all of
> the tests for shared libraries give a result of "yes". I am pretty sure
> this is related to weak symbols on cygwin and libtool. How libtool
> decides to build shared libraries seems pretty opaque to me.

That's my guess too, but we don't have a cygwin setup for me to try it
out.  Did you try setting CC=gcc CXX=g++ to make sure the cc compiler is
not pointing to something nasty?

> Has building shared libraries for mpich-3.0.4 been tested on cygwin? If
> so, what were the configure parameters and what version of cygwin was used?

Not really.  Windows support has been dropped since the 1.5.x releases.

 -- Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji