[mpich-discuss] Porting MPICH

Jeff Hammond jhammond at alcf.anl.gov
Sun May 19 14:07:17 CDT 2013

What is the goal?  Do you want MPICH to run trivially within a single
process image, within a single node via interprocess communication,
over multiple processes via TCP/IP, or something else?

You might want to elaborate on what your operating system can do.
Does "not POSIX" mean that it doesn't a single function defined by
POSIX?  Do you support the C standard library?  Does your machine have
GCC is some non-standard C compiler?

It would also be useful to provide a make.log that shows where the
compilation actually stops.  I think that your best best is something
along the lines of:

while (1) {
  try to build;
  if (builds without errors) break;
  determine why it failed;
  implement the missing function;
}

The developer documentation is located at
https://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Developer_Documentation but
this is almost certainly not a porting guide for porting MPICH to any
system that is formally equivalent to a Turing machine.

Jeff