[mpich-discuss] Error when building MPI with --enbale-shared

Lokman Rahmani lokman.rahmani at irisa.fr
Fri Nov 8 11:26:09 CST 2013

Hello,

When building MPICH3 with the option --enable-shared the build fails with the error :

/usr/bin/ld: /home/hpc/build/mpich-3.0.4/src/mpl/.libs/libmpl.a(mpltrmem.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
/home/hpc/build/mpich-3.0.4/src/mpl/.libs/libmpl.a: could not read symbols: Bad value