[mpich-discuss] Man pages no longer installed

Markus Geimer m.geimer at fz-juelich.de
Thu Nov 14 12:53:13 CST 2013

On 11/14/2013 06:31 PM, Ken Raffenetti wrote:
> To clarify, there are pre-built manpages included in the release tarball for 3.1rc1.

Correct.

> They are installed as part of 'make install'.

That's what I expected. Meanwhile I figured out that this is indeed
the case for "regular" in-place builds. But if you do an out-of-place
(aka. VPATH) build, manpages won't be installed. In this case, there
is only a 'doc' subdirectory inside '<prefix>/share'. However, this
should be fixable by using a '$(top_srcdir)' in the corresponding
Makefile rule.

Thanks,
Markus

--