[mpich-discuss] How to set mpif90 compiler

Hana Milani hana.milani at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 09:47:33 CDT 2013

Hello,

Sorry if this is not directly related to MPICH.

The file I have enclosed is a shell script as a part of a package that
should be modified according to compiler settings in my computer to get
the code run.

I have MPICH installed with mpif90 and mpicc both in the following path: /usr/local/bin/mpif90\mpicc which I have already mentioned in the script replacing the ifort.

However, the "make" command is giving me the following error:

$ make
/bin/sh getmachine gulp
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Packages/GULP/Src/Linux'
/usr/local/bin/mpif90  -O3 -mp1  -I..   -DFLUSH  -c ../datatypes.F90
gfortran: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mp1’
make[1]: *** [datatypes.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Packages/GULP/Src/Linux'
mv: cannot stat ‘gulp’: No such file or directory
make: *** [gulp] Error 1

I'd be really grateful if you take a look at the script and tell me where I am going wrong.
Regards,