[mpich-discuss] mpich - siesta - cluster

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:55:44 CDT 2013

If you use a static binary, you don't need the libraries to live on the
compute nodes.  If you use a binary with dynamic linkage (run 'ldd
binary.x' to see what the dependencies are), then you need those paths to
resolve everywhere the binary launches.

If you have a shared filesystem, just build everything there.

Jeff

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Julio Henrique <juliohenrique at msn.com>wrote:

> Does anyone know if I need to install the Siesta (ab initio molecular
> dynamics simulations ) only on the server or on all nodes in a cluster?
> Or just a libraries (mpich, blacs, scalapck, etc) on nodes and the
> libraries and Siesta on the server?
> Julio.

Jeff Hammond
jeff.science at gmail.com