[mpich-discuss] man mpich-3.0.4

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 20:19:54 CDT 2013

I struggled with this just the other day.  I could not get the build system
to install the man pages despite many attempts.  I gave up and just did a
manual install by copying the man subdirectory of the source into my
install directory.

In any case, I don't know why "man mpich" should work.  What would that
tell you?  Try "man mpicc" or "man MPI_Barrier", for example.

Perhaps with "man mpich" you are looking for something like the following?

> mpichversion
MPICH Version:     3.1b1
MPICH Release date: Thu Aug  8 10:41:27 CDT 2013
MPICH Device:     ch3:nemesis
MPICH configure: CC=clang CXX=clang++ FC=/bin/false --disable-fc
--disable-f77 --enable-threads --enable-g --with-pm=hydra
--prefix=/opt/mpich/3.1b1/clang
MPICH CC: clang    -g -O2
MPICH CXX: clang++   -g -O2
MPICH F77: no   -g
MPICH FC: no   -g

Jeff

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Julio Henrique <juliohenrique at msn.com>wrote:

> How do I set the MANPATH mpich-3.0.4 on Debian Wheezy?
> The installation location is /opt/mpich.
> I tried in ~/.bashrc:
> MANPATH = /opt/mpich/share/man:$MANPATH
> export MANPATH
> but not work.
> I call 'man mpich', or is not that what you call the man of mpich?
> I researched and not found.
>
> However,
> PATH=/opt/mpich/bin:$PATH
> export PATH