[mpich-discuss] Run MPICH without mpiexec

Jackey Yan zyan at cadence.com
Thu Apr 10 13:00:49 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,
  In MPICH, do I have to use mpiexec in the command line, in order to launch a MPI run?
I know that in MPI-2 standard, it supports the "dynamic process" feature, i.e., dynamically generate/spawn processes from existing singleton process.
So it is not required to use mpiexec/mpirun in the command line, in order to launch a singleton MPI.
But, I tried to run without mpiexec in MPICH, but it error out when parsing the arguments in Hydra...

Thanks,

Jackey