[mpich-discuss] problem with mpiexec

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Fri Apr 11 11:30:01 CDT 2014

In addition to Gilles suggestion,
please check the answers to similar questions
you posted a few days ago about the machinefile/hostfile syntax.
They are archived here:

http://lists.mpich.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-April/002486.html

This error message suggests that it doesn't exist, is misplaced,
or is not readable:

mpiexec at Mojtaba] HYDU_parse_hostfile (utils/args/args.c:319): unable to
open host file: ./machinefile

If you preceed the machinefile name by "./" it should be in the
same directory where you launch the mpiexec command line.
Make sure the file exists, follows the standard syntax,
and has read permissions open.