[mpich-discuss] illegal ioctl

Hans-Joachim Werner werner at theochem.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Apr 20 10:08:20 CDT 2014

Thanks. Yes, most likely it runs out of some system resources. It happens independently
of the other memory the job needs. We use Global Arrays with MPI, and the problem happens
in ga_put (one-sided write to a global array). We can also run it with pure MPI, and the
same problem occurs (it’s not SHMMAX). The application is the Molpro quantum chemistry program.
Joachim Werner
---
Prof. Dr. Hans-Joachim Werner
Institut for Theoretical Chemistry