[mpich-discuss] how to declare ranks IDs on each machine?

Lu, Huiwei huiweilu at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 25 08:17:52 CDT 2014

You can determine the rank order of your MPI processes in your machinefile. For example, if you create a machinefile like:

machine1
machine1
machine1
machine1
machine2
machine1

Using ‘mpiexec -f machinefile -n 6 ./example/cpi’, then rank 0-3 and rank 5 will run on machine1, and rank 4 will run on machine2.

—
Huiwei Lu
Postdoc Appointee
Mathematics and Computer Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~huiweilu/