[mpich-discuss] Problem installing MPICH

Bland, Wesley B. wbland at anl.gov
Tue Aug 5 10:23:43 CDT 2014

This looks like you might not have run the configure script correctly before running make. Can you send your config.log?

Also, is there a particular reason that you need to install MPICH from source. It’s usually easier to just grab one of the versions that installs automatically. For Mac’s the recommended way of doing this is to use Homebrew. You can find more information on the Downloads page. For most installations (unless you’re using some non-default features), this is sufficient.

Thanks,
Wesley