[mpich-discuss] Problem installing MPICH

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:11:03 CDT 2014

FWIW, you can install a fortran-disabled version from MacPorts with 'sudo
port install mpich-default -gcc48'; a number of other versions wrapping
different compilers are also available, see 'port info mpich'. Or if you
install just 'mpich-default' (which will also install gcc48 for fortran
support) everything should come down as precompiled packages for a fast
install.

 - Eric

On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Sahar Amir <sahar.amir at kaust.edu.sa> wrote:

> I don't think I made any modification I only removed the FORTRAN option
> like this:
> ./configure --prefix=/Data_1/MPICH/MPICHsoftware --disable-fortran | tee
> c.log
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Bland, Wesley B. <wbland at anl.gov> wrote:
>
>>  Are you making modifications to the autoconf files? If so, you’ll need
>> to re-run autogen.sh and make sure that you have all of the autotools
>> installed correctly (as per the wiki page:
>> http://wiki.mpich.org/mpich/index.php/Getting_And_Building_MPICH#Setting_up_the_build_environment).
>>

>>   On Aug 5, 2014, at 1:04 PM, Sahar Amir <sahar.amir at kaust.edu.sa> wrote:
>>

>>  Dear Wesley,
>>
>>  Attached is my .log file ...
>>  I need to do it this way for further modification I will be testing in a
>> workshop I am attending right now ...
>>
>>  Will you help me fix it please ...
>>
>>  Thank you very much ... <330.gif> ...
>>
>>  Regards,
>>  Sahar
>>

>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Bland, Wesley B. <wbland at anl.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> This looks like you might not have run the configure script correctly
>>> before running make. Can you send your config.log?
>>>
>>>  Also, is there a particular reason that you need to install MPICH from
>>> source. It’s usually easier to just grab one of the versions that installs
>>> automatically. For Mac’s the recommended way of doing this is to use
>>> Homebrew. You can find more information on the Downloads page. For most
>>> installations (unless you’re using some non-default features), this is