[mpich-discuss] MPI_Get on the same memory location

Alessandro Fanfarillo fanfarillo at ing.uniroma2.it
Thu Aug 21 19:46:15 CDT 2014

Thank you all for the replies,

I have this error with mpich2-1.5 and I have the similar behavior with
a slightly different error message with mpich-3.1.2.

About the code, the situation is a bit more difficult: I wrote a
library which implements the coarray support in gfortran. In other
words, gfortran translates the coarray syntax in library calls, the
library implements the communication using the one-sided routines.
Copying a value on the same buffer is allowed by coarrays (it is not an error).
I have the same Nick's opinion; anyway, if the standard does not tell
anything about this case it is up to the implementation.

I'm going to modify the library in order to manage this case.

Thanks all.