[mpich-discuss] MPI_Get on the same memory location

William Gropp wgropp at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 23 09:44:19 CDT 2014

It is amusing that the original reason for the restriction on aliasing of arguments comes from Fortran - MPI-1 wanted the language-independent spec to be expressible in both Fortran and C, and this is a property of Fortran (and one which aids in performance).

Bill

William Gropp
Director, Parallel Computing Institute
Thomas M. Siebel Chair in Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign