Run R script via MPICH

Riccardo Romoli ric.romoli at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 16:00:43 CST 2014

The error I get became from the syntax I used to run my script. Fynally
I've been able to run my R script uning mpirun. This is the string I used:

$ mpirun -n 1 -hosts node02 R --slave -f
/home/mpiuser/R_scripts/prova_clust.R

I get a fatal errors using R with MPI in interactive mode:

[mpiexec at master] match_arg (./utils/args/args.c:122): unrecognized
argument pmi_args//
[mpiexec at master] HYDU_parse_array (./utils/args/args.c:140): argument
matching returned error//
[mpiexec at master] parse_args (./ui/mpich/utils.c:1387): error parsing
input array//
[mpiexec at master] HYD_uii_mpx_get_parameters (./ui/mpich/utils.c:1438):
unable to parse user arguments//

Usage: ./mpiexec [global opts] [exec1 local opts] : [exec2 local opts] :
...//

Please see the intructions provided at//
http://wiki.mcs.anl.gov/mpich2/index.php/Using_the_Hydra_Process_Manager//
for further details//

After that R stops work.

All the best, Riccardo