[mpich-discuss] Problem installing and using MPE

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 16 14:45:33 CST 2014

On 12/15/2014 12:50 PM, Fateme Hendijani wrote:

> 2- I appreciate your help for installing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fatemeh
>

> In file included from log_mpi_core.c:6997:0:
> log_mpi_io.c:1590:5: error: conflicting types for
> ‘MPI_File_write_at_all_end’
>   int MPI_File_write_at_all_end( MPI_File  fh,void * buf,MPI_Status *
> status  )
>       ^
> In file included from /mirror/mpich2/include/mpi.h:2121:0,
>                   from log_mpi_core.c:10:
> /mirror/mpich2/include/mpio.h:203:5: note: previous declaration of
> ‘MPI_File_write_at_all_end’ was here
>   int MPI_File_write_at_all_end(MPI_File fh, const void *buf, MPI_Status
> *status);
>       ^

I think warnings like these are due to recent additions of "const" to
MPI routines.  Try the MPE from the git repository:

http://git.mpich.org/mpe.git/

while "not supported", we do patch MPE from time to time, and of course
community contributions would also be welcome :>

==rob

--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA