[mpich-discuss] missing Fortran bindings in MPICH

Junchao Zhang jczhang at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Dec 12 11:04:52 CST 2014

Hi, Michael,
  I checked and found MPI_FINALIZE did have an explicit interface, at least
in MPICH-3.1.3. You can search the file mpi_base.f90 in your MPICH build.
  We recently fixed the explicit interface problem in  MPI Fortran 2008
bindings.  You need to "use mpi_f08" in your code.  A paper on that is at
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2642777
  The new bindings are already included in MPICH-3.2a1. It requires
Fortran2008 + TS29113 capable compilers, such as Cray ftn 8.3.3+ or
gfortran-dev. If you'd like to have a try, I can instruct you how to do
that.

  Thanks.

--Junchao Zhang