[mpich-discuss] Get faster calculation speed

"Antonio J. Peña" apenya at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 4 08:43:13 CST 2014

Hi Peter,

MPICH is an implementation of a message-passing communications API. It
can be used as a way of communicating your threads.

This mailing list is intended to be a forum to discuss issues in the
MPICH implementation. If you need further assistance on this topic, you
may ask in a different forum, such as stackoverflow.

Best,
   Antonio

On 12/04/2014 07:14 AM, Peter Kroon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a process that consumes about 1% of the cpu and I've got 8 thread.
> Is it possible to get a higher calculation speed with mpich by combing
> the threads?
>
> Best,
> Peter

Antonio J. Peña
Postdoctoral Appointee
Argonne National Laboratory
9700 South Cass Avenue, Bldg. 240, Of. 3148
Argonne, IL 60439-4847
apenya at mcs.anl.gov
www.mcs.anl.gov/~apenya