[mpich-discuss] MPICH 3 Problem

vipan sharma vipan.badyal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 07:07:34 CST 2014

Dear Sir/Madam
Greetings of the day !!
I have installed the MPICH3 on RHEL5 with the steps give in the
installation manual
inside the tar file of Mpich3 .
I am using a cluster of 3 systems with all the settings done as suggested
by the manual ,
and successfully able to run the example given inside the package i.e. Pi
value calculation (cpi)
using the command

$mpiexec -n 6 -f machinefile ./cpi

Now when I am running some other process or some other examples the
following error
is getting generated about which I have no clues how to get rid of the
error

Here I am listing the programm and the command I am using and error
generating

NANO35 if my master node

[user at NANO35 test]$ mpiexec -n 6 -f /home/user/machinefile ./mpi_hello
[mpiexec at NANO35] control_cb (pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_cb.c:200): assert (!closed)
failed
[mpiexec at NANO35] HYDT_dmxu_poll_wait_for_event
(tools/demux/demux_poll.c:76): callback returned error status
[mpiexec at NANO35] HYD_pmci_wait_for_completion
(pm/pmiserv/pmiserv_pmci.c:198): error waiting for event
[mpiexec at NANO35] main (ui/mpich/mpiexec.c:344): process manager error
waiting for completion

Machinefile looks like
NANO35:2
NANO36:2