[mpich-discuss] Can i use MPI_REDUCE(with MPI_MIN) to get a "min array"?

Bland, Wesley B. wbland at anl.gov
Sat Feb 15 23:43:25 CST 2014

It depends on how you define min array. Do you want to get the minimum value at each index? The full array with the minimum sum? Something else?

On Feb 15, 2014, at 6:22 AM, 维洛逐风 <wu_0317 at qq.com<mailto:wu_0317 at qq.com>> wrote:

HI.

Say,I have 10 process,each one has a array called gbest, I want to get the min array(with a compare operation I want to define).
Is there a way to use MPI_REDUCE to do this?As I know, MPI_MIN specifies datatypes(without arrays).