[mpich-discuss] MPICH under torque - adding new nodes

Suraj Prabhakaran suraj.prabhakaran at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 11:10:24 CST 2014

Hello,

I want use MPICH under the Torque RMS. I can see that mpiexec will automatically take the nodefile from $PBS_NODEFILE.
I am working on dynamically adding nodes to an existing job in torque. So there might be a point where the job actually has more number of nodes than what was listed in $PBS_NODEFILE.

Is it possible to do an MPI_Comm_spawn on these new nodes (which is not listed in PBS_NODEFILE but is actually a part of job)? For example using some info argument such as add-host or something? Or if it entails that the PBS_NODEFILE must be changed with the newly added nodes, I can do that too.
But the basic question is, can MPICH spawn processes on these newly allocated nodes for the same job through some mechanism?

Best,
Suraj