[mpich-discuss] turning off MPI abort messages

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 13:35:39 CST 2014

I have already implemented the CVAR logic to suppress the output in
MPI_Abort so the necessary convincing is only as to whether or not
MPICH folks accepts this patch.

I'm not sure whether I will bother to do anything to Hydra.  Seems
like one could wrap the binary in a "nofail" script (we use these on
BG a lot because of how the control system responds to error codes) to
keep Hydra from complaining.  However, this is shell magic and clearly
I don't know anything about shell because I think nonzero error codes
in MPI programs imply that ls crashes when looking for missing files.

Jeff