[mpich-discuss] Can't receive messages

Pavan Balaji balaji at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 2 13:15:39 CST 2014

You need a C program to figure out the datatype layouts.  And how do you pass the values upstream to the process that did the ssh?  Through stdout?  That’s not safe since ssh can throw out other spurious output.  You’ll need to open your own connections and such.  That is no longer a simple script.

  — Pavan

On Jan 2, 2014, at 7:32 AM, Jeff Hammond <jeff.science at gmail.com> wrote:

> What if the proxy app is just a shell script that parses the magic number file?
>
> Jeff
>
> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Can't you do this in a tree rather than root-to-all?
>>
>> No.  To do a tree, I need some proxy application that I need to run on the intermediate nodes, that will do the second-level ssh. This proxy application will need to be heterogeneous-safe if it needs to communicate with mpiexec.
>>
>> — Pavan
>>
>> --
>> Pavan Balaji
>> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji