[mpich-discuss] MPICH-3.0.4 on Ubuntu

Ярослав Иванов ivanov.jaroslaw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 04:20:38 CST 2014

This is correct path of my mpich installation dir. So, I don't know, how to
install mpich 3.0.4 on Ubuntu. Guide don't help me. I'm shoked)) I try to
use MPICH on Windows last 2 months, and in the result I decided use Ubuntu.
There are problems. It is very sorrow.
You said, that easier way - using the pre-built packages, but I find 1.4.1
version. Is it stable version? May I get help with this version on this
discuss forum?
And, what about package manager? What is it? How I can use it?

2014/1/6 Wesley Bland <wbland at mcs.anl.gov>

> You need to change '/home/you/mpich-install/bin' to the path of your mpich
> installation that you used in earlier steps.
>
> The easier way to install on MPICH is to use the built in package manager
> or one of the pre-built packages available on the MPICH Downloads page.
>
> Thanks,
> Wesley
>

> On Jan 5, 2014, at 11:51 AM, Ярослав Иванов <ivanov.jaroslaw at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hello, Pavan. But I see error on 6 step.
> 7 step don't return any error, but I have trouble with 8 step.
> setenv PATH /home/you/mpich-install/bin:$PATH
> export PATH=/home/you/mpich-install/bin:$PATH
> don't work.
>
> and
>
> which mpicc
> which mpiexec
>
> don't work
>
> maybe is there guide for Ubuntu installing?
>

> 2014/1/6 Pavan Balaji <balaji at mcs.anl.gov>
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Your m.txt file does not seem to indicate any such error.
>>
>>   -- Pavan
>>
>> On Jan 5, 2014, at 11:13 AM, Ярослав Иванов <ivanov.jaroslaw at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello!
>> >
>> > I want to install MPICH-3.0.4 on my virtual ubuntu machine, but I got
>> some errors.
>> >
>> > Install Guide: step 6
>> >
>> http://www.mpich.org/static/downloads/3.0.4/mpich-3.0.4-installguide.pdf
>> >
>> > When I try:
>> > "make |& tee m.txt"
>> > It return error in param_vals.c no such file
>> >
>> > So, I remake it with option VERBOSE=1. There are c and m txt files.
>> > To manage subscription options or unsubscribe:
>>
>> --
>> Pavan Balaji
>> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji

> С уважением, Иванов Ярослав