[mpich-discuss] MPI weak symbols and gfortran

Matthieu Dorier matthieu.dorier at irisa.fr
Sat Jan 18 07:44:12 CST 2014

Hi,

I've overwritten some MPI_* functions in a C library (typically MPI_Init and MPI_Finalize). When I link a C program with this library using gcc, the overwritten symbols are called correctly. However when using a fortran program, it does not work: the original functions are called. When I do "nm myprog" I see that MPI_Init and PMPI_Init have the same address, which is not the case with a C program. I also tried to compile the fortran program into a .o file using gfortran, then use gcc to link it to mpich, but I get the same result? Any workaround?
Thanks!

Matthieu Dorier
PhD student at ENS Rennes
http://people.irisa.fr/Matthieu.Dorier