[mpich-discuss] Problem with target_disp Parameter and 1-sided Messages

Jeff Hammond jeff.science at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 16:56:28 CST 2014

Hi Corey,

It was a simple bug.  You passed MPI_INT as the disp_unit rather than
sizeof(int), which is almost certainly what you meant.  MPI_INT is an
opaque handle that is 1275069445 when interpreted as an integer.

I am not entirely sure why using such a large disp_unit caused the
segfault though.  I haven't yet figured out where disp_unit is used in
the MPI_Get code.

Best,

Jeff