[mpich-discuss] Problems with running make

Gustavo Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Sun Mar 2 15:46:42 CST 2014

Hi Pavan

Many thanks for this clarification.
I stand corrected.

Actually I guessed you MPICH developers might have already set
something up to allow this kind of "collaborative" or "dialogue" MPI style
with different users names/IDs running MPI processes across different computers,
for specific uses.

Not trying to hijack Ron's thread (he has more important hurdles to get behind him),
I wonder how mpiexec (Hydra), which is launched on one computer under
one user name, will trigger additional MPI processes on the other computers
under different user names (and how ssh may have to be setup to allow this to happen).

Cheers,
Gus