[mpich-discuss] Problems with running make

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Mar 2 16:41:51 CST 2014

Hi,

Am 02.03.2014 um 22:46 schrieb Gustavo Correa:

> Hi Pavan
>
> Many thanks for this clarification.
> I stand corrected.
>
> Actually I guessed you MPICH developers might have already set
> something up to allow this kind of "collaborative" or "dialogue" MPI style
> with different users names/IDs running MPI processes across different computers,
> for specific uses.
>
> Not trying to hijack Ron's thread (he has more important hurdles to get behind him),
> I wonder how mpiexec (Hydra), which is launched on one computer under
> one user name, will trigger additional MPI processes on the other computers
> under different user names (and how ssh may have to be setup to allow this to happen).

It's necessary to put your public key into the authorized_keys file under the other accounts on the slave machines. I have different accounts at several remote machines and to ease the access, I also put the target account in my ~/.ssh/config like:

$ cat ~/.ssh/config
Host slave1
   User foo

Host slave2
   User baz

Then it will use the specified account automatically. AFAICS it also supports running MPICH applications with different account on a cluster this way without any support by MPICH.

==

You can also use hostbased authentication, for which I wrote a Howto some time ago:

https://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/howto/hostbased-ssh.html

In case of a different account it must be granted by a setting in ~/.rhosts resp. ~/.shosts in addition.

-- Reuti