[mpich-discuss] problem when configure mpich

Yan Bai yanbai06 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 19:14:15 CDT 2014

Many thanks to your quick response. It still doesn’t work.

I used this configure line
./configure --prefix=/users/ybai5/mpich2-install F77=$ABSOFT/bin/af90\
           FC=$ABSOFT/bin/af90  --with-pm=mpd
and got this error:
configure: error: The selected Fortran 90 compiler /Applications/Absoft11.5/bin/af90 does not work with the selected Fortran 77 compiler /Applications/Absoft11.5/bin/af90.  Use the environment variables FC and F77 respectively to select compatible Fortran compilers.  The check here tests to see if a main program compiled with the Fortran 90 compiler can link with a subroutine compiled with the Fortran 77 compiler.

It’s so weird. If you need, I can send the log files.

Thanks a million!

Best

Yan