[mpich-discuss] Intel Xeon Phi support?

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Fri May 9 17:58:21 CDT 2014

Hello,

You need to build MPICH for the MIC as well, not just the application.

So CFLAGS need to be set to -mmic for MPICH’s configure too, and that copy needs to be installed on the MIC.

Here’s a rough list of steps:

1. Configure MPICH with -mmic.  Build.  Install.

2. Copy the install directory to the MIC.

3. Configure MPICH without -mmic (for the host).  Build.  Install.

4. Make sure the install path for MPICH on both the host and the MIC is the same.

  — Pavan