[mpich-discuss] unable to bind socket to port

张国熙 altriaex86 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 18:56:10 CDT 2014

Hi, all

I'm using SLEPc as an eigensolver, which implemented MPICH for multiprocess
usage.

I compile SLEPc code into a .so library B.

My executable program A calls .so library B, and .so libraryB calls
SLEPclibrary.
I used to put MPI_Init() only in A. But it will got stuck. Then I try to
put it in A,B( and C,SLEPc init will call this function).

INTERNAL ERROR: Invalid error class (59) encountered while returning from
MPI_Init.  Please file a bug report.
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
INTERNAL ERROR: Invalid error class (59) encountered while returning from
MPI_Init.  Please file a bug report.
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
[cli_1]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
INTERNAL ERROR: Invalid error class (59) encountered while returning from
MPI_Init.  Please file a bug report.
INTERNAL ERROR: Invalid error class (59) encountered while returning from
MPI_Init.  Please file a bug report.
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
[cli_3]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
[cli_0]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port
[cli_2]: aborting job:
Fatal error in MPI_Init: Unknown error.  Please file a bug report., error
stack:
(unknown)(): unable to bind socket to port

=   BAD TERMINATION OF ONE OF YOUR APPLICATION PROCESSES
=   EXIT CODE: 1
=   CLEANING UP REMAINING PROCESSES
=   YOU CAN IGNORE THE BELOW CLEANUP MESSAGES
root at altria-Aspire-5830TG:/home/altria/software/rememode-1.1alpha/Examples/c++#
/home/altria/software/petsc-3.4.4/arch-linux2-c-debug/bin/mpiexec -np 4
./fd_guide
[...]

I think it is because I called MPI_Init for more than one times. Because if
I only call it in A, and C(SLEPc call), code in A,B will be executed, but
stuck at C. If I call it in A,B,C. Code in A will be executed, and stop at
B.

I think even if I call MPI_Init for more than one times, it should return
to me something like "MPI_Init has been called". Do anyone know how to fix
it?Thanks.

Your sincerely,
Guoxi