[mpich-discuss] How does MPICH spawn processes, and is there a way to configure it?

Scott O'Malley scottyomalley at gmail.com
Thu May 29 06:37:26 CDT 2014

I have recently built a cluster of Raspberry Pi computers. When this was
made up of a master node and 2 slave nodes there was no issue calling
mpiexec across the cluster. When I add an additional node to the cluster
bringing the size to 1 master and 3 slave nodes I get an error of "Host
File Verification Failed". I've tested password-less SSH on all nodes and
it's working correctly.

I've done some googling of the error and set up and the only mention I've
gotten to it was on this link here relating to OpenMPI -
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2013/11/22940.php

Is there a similar setup for MPICH and if so can someone link me to the
correct documentation page?

Cheers

Scott