[mpich-discuss] the SCATTERV function

Chafik sanaa san.chafik at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 14:20:52 CST 2014


I was able to correct, thanks
#include <malloc.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <time.h>
#include "math.h"
#include "mpi.h"

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
int          taskid, ntasks;
int          ierr, i, itask;
int          sendcounts[2048], displs[2048], recvcount;
double       **sendbuff, *recvbuff, buffsum, buffsums[2048];
double       inittime, totaltime;
const int nbr_etat = 10;
double tab[nbr_etat];

for (int i = 0; i < nbr_etat; i++)
tab[i] = i;

for (int i = 0; i < nbr_etat; i++)
printf("%0.0f ", tab[i]);
printf("\n");
int nbr_elm[2] = { 4, 6 };
int dpl[2] = { 0, 4 };

MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &taskid);
MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &ntasks);


recvbuff = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)*nbr_etat);
if (taskid == 0)
{
sendbuff = (double **)malloc(sizeof(double *)*ntasks);// on execute pour
deux proc
sendbuff[0] = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)*ntasks*nbr_etat);
for (i = 1; i < ntasks; i++)
{
sendbuff[i] = sendbuff[i - 1] + nbr_etat;
}
}
else
{
sendbuff = (double **)malloc(sizeof(double *)* 1);
sendbuff[0] = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)* 1);
}

if (taskid == 0){




srand((unsigned)time(NULL) + taskid);
for (itask = 0; itask<ntasks; itask++)
{
int k;
displs[itask] = itask*nbr_etat;
int s = dpl[itask];
sendcounts[itask] = nbr_elm[itask];


for (i = 0; i<sendcounts[itask]; i++)
{
k = i + s;
sendbuff[itask][i] = tab[k];
printf("+ %0.0f  ", sendbuff[itask][i]);
}
printf("\n");
}


}


recvcount = nbr_elm[taskid];

inittime = MPI_Wtime();

ierr = MPI_Scatterv(sendbuff[0], sendcounts, displs, MPI_DOUBLE,
recvbuff, recvcount, MPI_DOUBLE,
0, MPI_COMM_WORLD);

totaltime = MPI_Wtime() - inittime;

printf("\n >>>> \n");
buffsum = 0.0;
printf("\n > %d < \n", taskid);
for (i = 0; i<recvcount; i++)
{
printf("* %0.0f ", recvbuff[i]);
}

printf("\n");
if (taskid == 0){
free(sendbuff[0]);
free(sendbuff);
}
else{
free(sendbuff[0]);
free(sendbuff);
free(recvbuff);
}

/*===============================================================*/
/* Finalisation de MPI                                           */
MPI_Finalize();

}


2014-11-28 20:52 GMT+01:00 Chafik sanaa <san.chafik at gmail.com>:

> Hi
> when i execute this program (I use two processes) i have a error in the
> display part :
> * RESULT OF EXECUTION:
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> >> (1,6) <<
>
> >>>>
>
> > 1 <
> * -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> 0  1  2  3
> 4  5  6  7  8  9
> >> (0,4) <<
>
> >>>>
>
> > 0 <
> * 0 * 1 * 2 * 3
> * PROGRAM
> #include <malloc.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <time.h>
> #include "math.h"
> #include "mpi.h"
>
> int main(int argc, char** argv)
> {
> int          taskid, ntasks;
> int          ierr, i, itask;
> int          sendcounts[2048], displs[2048], recvcount;
> double       **sendbuff, *recvbuff, buffsum, buffsums[2048];
> double       inittime, totaltime;
> const int nbr_etat = 10;
> double tab[nbr_etat];
>
> for (int i = 0; i < nbr_etat; i++)
> tab[i] = i;
>
> for (int i = 0; i < nbr_etat; i++)
> printf("%0.0f ", tab[i]);
> printf("\n");
> int nbr_elm[2] = { 4, 6 };
> int dpl[2] = { 0, 4 };
>
> MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
> MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &taskid);
> MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &ntasks);
>
>
> recvbuff = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)*nbr_etat);
> if (taskid == 0)
> {
> sendbuff = (double **)malloc(sizeof(double *)*ntasks);// on execute pour
> deux proc
> sendbuff[0] = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)*ntasks*nbr_etat);
> for (i = 1; i < ntasks; i++)
> {
> sendbuff[i] = sendbuff[i - 1] + nbr_etat;
> }
> }
> else
> {
> sendbuff = (double **)malloc(sizeof(double *)* 1);
> sendbuff[0] = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)* 1);
> }
>
> if (taskid == 0){
>
>
>
>
> srand((unsigned)time(NULL) + taskid);
> for (itask = 0; itask<ntasks; itask++)
> {
> int k;
> displs[itask] = dpl[itask];
> int s = displs[itask];
> sendcounts[itask] = nbr_elm[itask];
>
> for (i = 0; i<sendcounts[itask]; i++)
> {
> k = i + s;
> sendbuff[itask][i] = tab[k];
> printf("%0.0f  ", sendbuff[itask][i]);
> }
> printf("\n");
> }
>
>
> }
>
>
> recvcount = nbr_elm[taskid];
>
> inittime = MPI_Wtime();
>
> ierr = MPI_Scatterv(sendbuff[0], sendcounts, displs, MPI_DOUBLE,
> recvbuff, recvcount, MPI_DOUBLE,
> 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD);
>
> totaltime = MPI_Wtime() - inittime;
>
> printf("\n >>>> \n");
> buffsum = 0.0;
> printf("\n > %d < \n",taskid);
> for (i = 0; i<recvcount; i++)
> {
> printf("* %0.0f ", recvbuff[i]);
> }
>
> printf("\n");
> if (taskid == 0){
> free(sendbuff[0]);
> free(sendbuff);
> }
> else{
> free(sendbuff[0]);
> free(sendbuff);
> free(recvbuff);
> }
>
> /*===============================================================*/
> /* Finalisation de MPI                                           */
> MPI_Finalize();
>
> }
>
>
>
2014-11-28 20:53 GMT+01:00 Chafik sanaa <san.chafik at gmail.com>:

> Hi
> when i execute this program (I use two processes) i have a error in the
> display part :
> * RESULT OF EXECUTION:
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> >> (1,6) <<
>
> >>>>
>
> > 1 <
> * -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 *
> -6277438562204192500000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
> 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> 0  1  2  3
> 4  5  6  7  8  9
> >> (0,4) <<
>
> >>>>
>
> > 0 <
> * 0 * 1 * 2 * 3
> * PROGRAM
> #include <malloc.h>
> #include <stdlib.h>
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include <time.h>
> #include "math.h"
> #include "mpi.h"
>
> int main(int argc, char** argv)
> {
> int          taskid, ntasks;
> int          ierr, i, itask;
> int          sendcounts[2048], displs[2048], recvcount;
> double       **sendbuff, *recvbuff, buffsum, buffsums[2048];
> double       inittime, totaltime;
> const int nbr_etat = 10;
> double tab[nbr_etat];
>
> for (int i = 0; i < nbr_etat; i++)
> tab[i] = i;
>
> for (int i = 0; i < nbr_etat; i++)
> printf("%0.0f ", tab[i]);
> printf("\n");
> int nbr_elm[2] = { 4, 6 };
> int dpl[2] = { 0, 4 };
>
> MPI_Init(&argc, &argv);
> MPI_Comm_rank(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &taskid);
> MPI_Comm_size(MPI_COMM_WORLD, &ntasks);
>
>
> recvbuff = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)*nbr_etat);
> if (taskid == 0)
> {
> sendbuff = (double **)malloc(sizeof(double *)*ntasks);// on execute pour
> deux proc
> sendbuff[0] = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)*ntasks*nbr_etat);
> for (i = 1; i < ntasks; i++)
> {
> sendbuff[i] = sendbuff[i - 1] + nbr_etat;
> }
> }
> else
> {
> sendbuff = (double **)malloc(sizeof(double *)* 1);
> sendbuff[0] = (double *)malloc(sizeof(double)* 1);
> }
>
> if (taskid == 0){
>
>
>
>
> srand((unsigned)time(NULL) + taskid);
> for (itask = 0; itask<ntasks; itask++)
> {
> int k;
> displs[itask] = dpl[itask];
> int s = displs[itask];
> sendcounts[itask] = nbr_elm[itask];
>
> for (i = 0; i<sendcounts[itask]; i++)
> {
> k = i + s;
> sendbuff[itask][i] = tab[k];
> printf("%0.0f  ", sendbuff[itask][i]);
> }
> printf("\n");
> }
>
>
> }
>
>
> recvcount = nbr_elm[taskid];
>
> inittime = MPI_Wtime();
>
> ierr = MPI_Scatterv(sendbuff[0], sendcounts, displs, MPI_DOUBLE,
> recvbuff, recvcount, MPI_DOUBLE,
> 0, MPI_COMM_WORLD);
>
> totaltime = MPI_Wtime() - inittime;
>
> printf("\n >>>> \n");
> buffsum = 0.0;
> printf("\n > %d < \n",taskid);
> for (i = 0; i<recvcount; i++)
> {
> printf("* %0.0f ", recvbuff[i]);
> }
>
> printf("\n");
> if (taskid == 0){
> free(sendbuff[0]);
> free(sendbuff);
> }
> else{
> free(sendbuff[0]);
> free(sendbuff);
> free(recvbuff);
> }
>
> /*===============================================================*/
> /* Finalisation de MPI                                           */
> MPI_Finalize();
>
> }
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mpich.org/pipermail/discuss/attachments/20141128/e27ca120/attachment-0001.html>
-------------- next part --------------
_______________________________________________
discuss mailing list     discuss at mpich.org
To manage subscription options or unsubscribe:
https://lists.mpich.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss


More information about the discuss mailing list