[mpich-discuss] discuss Digest, Vol 24, Issue 35

Sean Delaney Sean.Delaney at tullowoil.com
Wed Oct 29 09:53:27 CDT 2014

Hi Rob,

Yes, this is mpich-3.1.3, as downloaded from the website in the last 2 days. I was alerted to the buf_idx[] overflow by a failing assert statement, which checks for overflow when assigning values to buf_idx[]. I'm running on lustre. I can't provide my current code as a test case. I may be able to prepare something later, but I need to focus on making my code work first.

These variables have type 'int', whereas something like 'size_t' or 'ADIO_Offset' might be more appropriate to store buffer offsets, where constraints are not known.

Sean

this is in the latest 3.1.3 MPICH?  I thought I bumped up the size of
buf_idx and related fields, though my test cases are meager at best.

Do you have a test case?  Which file system?

==rob