[mpich-discuss] Re : MPI process killed and SIGUSR1

Roy, Hirak Hirak_Roy at mentor.com
Tue Oct 28 13:53:14 CDT 2014

Hi Wesley,

Please check the client.c. There is explicit "assert" statement, which will terminate the client program abnormally. The server would be waiting on a MPI_Recv at that moment and the receive never times out or completes.

Even I replace the assert with sleep (100) and then manually kill the client process by process-id, the result is same.

Could you please let me know if a client is abnormally terminated, is there any way to detect that from server or not.

Thanks,

Hirak