[mpich-discuss] In-Reply-To: 0A407957589BAB4F924824150C4293EF4C497F0F at CITESMBX3.ad.uillinois.edu

Victor Vysotskiy victor.vysotskiy at teokem.lu.se
Tue Oct 21 03:23:29 CDT 2014

Hi Xin,

>I think it is due to a bug for MPI_PUT to handle large derived datatype and we will fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks! Apparently, almost all MPICH derivatives are suffering from this bug. In particular, the problem can be reproduced within the Open ParaStation MPI, MVAPICH, and Intel MPI libraries. Do I understand correctly that the fix will be available only for the MPICH3 branch?

With best regards,
Victor.