[mpich-discuss] Use other's mpicc to compile code with my modified ROMIO

Rob Latham robl at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Oct 5 16:00:52 CDT 2014

On 10/04/2014 08:57 PM, Jaln wrote:

> I have a modified ROMIO library,

Hello! I would love to hear more about the modifications you are
exploring in ROMIO.

 >  but I have to compile the code using
> NERSC Hopper's default MPI compiler, is there any way to let the
> collective I/O code run with my modified ROMIO library. (and of course
> compile using their default mpicc)

ROMIO can be built as a standalone library.  If you link it on top of
your mpi program, it will override the existing MPI-IO calls.

> I try to compile my own mpicc and run on that cluster, but seems, the
> hopper cluster
> has specific optimized cray-mpi compiler and wont let my code compiled
> or executed correctly on compute nodes.

I'm sure it's possible to do whatever the cray-mpi compiler is doing,
but Wei-keng Liao at Northwestern has done the standalone external
library approach on past cray machines -- including Hopper, I think.

==rob
--
Rob Latham
Argonne National Lab, IL USA