[mpich-discuss] Does MPICH implements polling mechanism on MPI_Recv?

Anatoly G anatolyrishon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 07:39:09 CDT 2014

You are absolutely right.
But some engineer  designed to execute another application on computer
while system is in ready state.
This application executed only when my application in ready state.
I'm not familiar with the reason, but currently this is a situation.
One more question:
My application designed not by me, then I can't explain you design reason
for the solution.
I have number of communicators which are cloned from MPI_COMM_WORLD. I
execute on each communicator MPI_Waitany on separate thread. The data
mostly arrives on single communicator only, but other threads are just
waiting. I mean that single thread is actually working with MPI, others are
on busy wait. Do I have polling penalty in this case?

Regards,
Anatoly.