[mpich-discuss] Question

Mohammad Nami Nazari mohammad.naminazari at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 02:35:02 CDT 2014

 Hello,

I have tried running MPI with Open MPI but it wouldn't work so I
switched to MPICH2. My code complies fine in Windows using Visual
Studio 2010 but when I go to invoke mpiexec -n 2 TEST.exe it runs for
some time then crashes with the error:

Error while connecting to host, A connection attempt failed because
the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time,
or established connection failed because connected host has failed to
respond. (10060)
Connect on sock (host=BAHR83M5Z8.resource.ds.bah.com, port=8676) failed, exhause
d all end points
Unable to connect to 'BAHR83M5Z8.resource.ds.bah.com:8676',
sock error: Error = -1
Thanks regard