[mpich-discuss] Error Running MPICH for Photochemical Modeling

Balaji, Pavan balaji at anl.gov
Wed Sep 17 13:04:15 CDT 2014

On Sep 17, 2014, at 1:00 PM, Abhishek Bhat <abhat at trinityconsultants.com> wrote:
> The application works when there is a less resource intensive runs (larger grid with larger grid spacing).  The issue occurs when we have nested grid runs.  Also the application works without any issues for less than 7 processes (1 I/O and 6 nodes).

That’s not an indication that the application is correct with more processes.  Many applications work at smaller scales but fail at larger scals.  From the error, the indications point to the application.  I’d recommend digging into the application and figuring out what’s breaking.  The -print-all-exitcodes that Sangmin suggested, or attaching a debugger might be useful for this.

  — Pavan

--
Pavan Balaji  ✉️
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~balaji