[mpich-discuss] Passwords on small cluster

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Sep 17 06:00:32 CDT 2014

Hi,

Am 17.09.2014 um 08:41 schrieb Bob Ilgner:

> I am trying to run my mpi job on a small cluster with 5 nodes. When I run
>
> mpirun -n 5  --host node01,node02,node03,node04,node05   ./hesp
>
> the system requests a password for node01.
>
> if I run the job only on node05 then no pasword is requested and the job runs OK Is there some way I can include a password in the host file, or otherwise ?

You will have to set up some kind of passwordless access, either by a passphraseless SSH-key (if you are the only user), or hostbased authentication (to make the setup one time for all users).

https://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=rsh#ssh-keys (although this page is from the Open MPI site, the constraints are the same as in MPICH)

or:

https://arc.liv.ac.uk/SGE/howto/hostbased-ssh.html

-- Reuti