[mpich-discuss] MPICH 3.1.4 builds with ib netmod

Martin Cuma martin.cuma at utah.edu
Fri Apr 24 16:38:25 CDT 2015

Hello,

I am getting errors with building -with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib, using GNU,
Intel or PGI compilers, as:

I am wondering what's going on since this since Intel and GNU worked in
version 3.1.2. I configure as:
../../../srcdir/mpich/3.1.4/configure
--prefix=/uufs/chpc.utah.edu/sys/installdir/mpich/3.1.4 --enable-romio
--with-file-system=nfs+ufs --with-mpe -with-device=ch3:nemesis:ib
--enable-threads=runtime --enable-fast=all

and use RHEL6.6 with stock gcc 4.4.7.

When I reported a similar issue earlier, Pavan suggested to use MXM - I
tried that and that seems to work, however, perhaps since we run
relatively old OFED (stock RHEL6-like), which does not come with MXM, I
used the one from the latest Mellanox HPC-X, and, I am not sure if that's
the best idea since I see crashes related to communication at certain
workloads - which I don't see with other MPIs or when using the ib netmod
in MPICH.

Would you please also mind commenting on this? Would you expect the just
released 3.2b2 fare better with MXM than the 3.1.4?

Thanks,
MC

--
Martin Cuma